Advertising Policy and Guidelines
To further boutron's purpose and goal of providing accurate, unbiased health and wellness information to all women, we accept advertising in the form of banner and text-link awareness campaigns on boutron and in our e-newsletters. We reserve the right to refuse any advertising or messaging that we believe is incompatible with our mission. The presence of paid display banner awareness campaigns on our site or in our e-newsletters does not imply endorsement of the advertiser or its products/services. Advertisers who pay for display banners or links will not reference this relationship with boutron as suggestive of any endorsement by boutron of any product or as proof of the efficacy or success of any products, goods or services of the advertiser company. Advertiser messaging may also appear in our e-newsletters under the same guidelines.
boutron maintains a distinct separation between advertiser messaging and the editorial content of its publications and newsletters. boutron's posting of an advertiser's banners or text-links in the publications or e-newsletters of boutron is not intended to be an endorsement of the products or services of the advertiser company. boutron strives to include as advertisers those companies whose products and services further the mission of boutron to make wellness information more available to women.
The following types of paid advertiser banner awareness campaigns may be allowed by boutron:
- Corporate image advertising or corporate advertising
- Prescription drugs and over-the-counter medications approved by the Food and Drug Administration
- Nonmedical or non-health-related consumer products and services
- Consumer products with a potential health connection
- Fitness products or services
- Medical products, devices, or services (including insurance providers)
- Health care services (clinics, hospitals, procedures) — national promotion (geo-targeting is not offered)
- Pharmacies (retail and online — VIPPS program compliant only for online)
Advertising formats that are prohibited by boutron include:
- Pop-ups and floating displays or surveys
- Displays that have forms within them to collect personally identifiable information while a visitor is on boutron.
The following criteria must be met:
- Advertiser must not make a health claim for its product that is not clearly substantiated. Advertiser may be required to submit supporting documentation to substantiate claims.
- No implication of endorsement by boutron of product or advertiser may be made.
- boutron retains final approval of all advertiser product/service messages, banners, and copy.
- boutron reserves the right to reject, cancel, or remove at any time any advertiser's banner from boutron or its e-newsletters for any reason. In such a case, boutron will provide prompt notice to the advertiser, together with an explanation.
These guidelines are intended to provide general guidance. They are not inclusive or exhaustive and are subject to change at the discretion of boutron at any time.