Chicken With Mushroom Cream Sauce
Prep Time: 5 Min
Cook Time: 20
Ready In: 30 Min
Serve this hearty and healthy entrée with a side of green beans, asparagus and broccoli sautéed in olive oil.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 (3-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- Parsley sprigs
1. In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil; add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes on each side. Remove the chicken and keep warm. Add the mushrooms to the skillet and cook until tender.
2. In a small bowl, whisk the flour with the broth and wine. Stir the mixture into the skillet. Add the lemon zest and pepper. Cook until thickened and bubbly.
3. Return the chicken to the skillet, and cook until the chicken is no longer pink. Transfer the chicken to a platter. Stir the yogurt into the skillet and heat thoroughly. Pour the sauce over the chicken and garnish with parsley.
Per 3-ounce serving: Choices/exchanges 3 lean protein; calories 150 (from fat 35); fat 4 g (saturated 0.8 g, trans 0.0 g); cholesterol 50 mg; sodium 85 mg; potassium 220 mg; total carbohydrate 4 g (dietary fiber 0 g, sugars 1 g); protein 21 g; phosphorus 180 mg.
Recipe from Quick Diabetic Recipes for Dummies (Wiley, January 2018, ISBN: 978-1-119-36323-1, $22.99). For more information, please visit the on .