Doughless Potato Knishes
Potato knishes are easy to make and perfect to serve as part of the Passover meal.
Prep Time: 15 Min
Cook Time: 30 Min, 1 Hr chilling
Ready In: 1 Hr 45 Min
Servings: Makes 12 knishes
- 5 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 2 eggs
- Add potatoes to a large pot. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Boil for at least 20 minutes, until soft. Drain and mash potatoes.
- Heat oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until soft, about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, onions, potato starch, and eggs. Grease a silicone muffin mold and spoon mixture into it. Cover and bake for one hour.
- Refrigerate knish for one hour before removing from mold. Serve at room temperature.
This recipe is courtesy of . Recipe created by Yitty Zimmer and appeared in Whisk by Ami magazine.