Eggplant Caponata Dip
This dip is bursting with Mediterranean flavors. Serve it on slices of toasted bread as bruschetta or with pita chips or bread.
Prep Time: 10 Min
Cook Time: 20 Min
Ready In: 30 Min
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 small eggplants, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Heat oil in frying pan.
- Cook garlic, onion, celery, red pepper and eggplant until soft, about 5-10 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Put vegetables in bowl and toss with capers, olives, vinegar, parsley, salt and pepper
- Taste, adding more vinegar and olive oil as needed.
Recipe courtesy of Maria Zoitas, creator of “Maria’s Homemade” line of prepared food sold exclusively at .