Matcha Almond Chocolate Chip Sable
Sable, pronounced sah-blay, is derived from the French word for sand and can refer to a cookie with the sandy, crispy texture that comes from granulated sugar. This variation on chocolate chip cookies also incorporates matcha green tea powder to give them a boost of healthy antioxidants—along with old-fashioned goodness.
Prep Time: 15 Min
Cook and Cooling Time: 20 Min
Ready In: 35 Min
Servings: 12 sables
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 4 teaspoons matcha green tea powder
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and orange zest.
- In another bowl, combine the coconut oil, vanilla extract, almond extract, almond milk and matcha powder, then add this mixture to the almond flour mixture.
- Mix briefly, then fold in the chocolate chips.
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet, portion the dough into small scoops. Make sure to set scoops evenly apart. Bake for 11 to 13 minutes, rotating the baking sheet halfway through the baking process. Allow cookies to cool completely before serving.
Recipe courtesy of .