Healthy Living > healthy eating
Find out more about:
Zucchini and Fresh Mint Cold Soup
Last Updated: 07/28/2014
Looking for a new way to use zucchini? Try this simple chilled soup for lunch or dinner. The fresh mint adds a refreshing flavor.
- 1 large zucchini
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 shallots
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon white cheese (such as mozzarella or Monterey Jack)
- Ground black pepper
- Clean and cut the zucchini into cubes. Set aside. Peel and mince the garlic and shallots.
- In a saucepan on low heat, heat the olive oil and add the garlic and chopped shallots. Add the zucchini and broth. Mix well and simmer for 20 minutes in a partially covered pan.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the mint. Add the cheese and season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Let cool before refrigerating for at least 1 hour, then chill for about 4 hours.
- Serve chilled.
- Note: For a creamier soup, you may blend the soup with a hand blender. You may also substitute a dollop of low-fat plain yogurt or sour cream in place of cheese.
is courtesy of .